JOC CONTAINER TRADE EUROPE 2017 AGENDA
The 2017 JOC Container Trade Europe Conference will create economic value for users of container shipping services including retailers, manufacturers, consumer products, energy, agribusiness and other European customers by analyzing major trends in intercontinental container shipping supply, demand and capacity, and exploring and illustrating strategic and innovative opportunities to improve transit times and reliability and reduce costs.
THEME: A NEW CHAPTER FOR CONTAINER SHIPPING
With 2016 marked by unprecedented consolidation and 2017 already proving disruptive due to alliance changes and a severe European export capacity crunch, how should European shippers strategically and tactically approach container transportation in the current, rapidly evolving environment? Several key trends are underway: much higher scrapping levels, a major slowdown in vessel ordering, further consolidation possible, and new opportunities including viability of routing through the Mediterranean gateway, rapid Asia-Europe rail expansion, and advances in technology that can drive efficiencies and lower costs. With a program dedicated to the needs of shippers/BCOs operating in Europe, the Container Trade Europe program will cut to the chase and get answers to key questions shippers have regarding their container shipping strategies.
TOPICS TO BE EXPLORED:
- Market Analysis: How is the container shipping industry shaping up in terms of supply-demand, carrier financials, and freight rates.
- Alliances: Nearly six months after restructured vessel-sharing alliances launched, where are the pain points and how are beneficial cargo owners adjusting?
- Technology and Innovation: What opportunities do BCOs have to improve efficiency and reduce costs through technology?
- Asia-Europe Rail: How is rapid expansion impacting BCOs' supply chain strategies and routing decisions?
- BCO-Led Case Studies: Learn how shippers and their logistics and transportation providers are working together to overcome specific problems and challenges.