Tom G. Williams was named group vice president, Consumer Products in July 2017. In this role, Tom is responsible for BNSF's domestic and international intermodal marketing and sales, as well as the automotive business.
Tom previously served as vice president, Industrial Products, since November 2016. In this role, he was responsible for marketing and sales for chemicals, plastics, and petroleum products.
Tom joined the former Santa Fe Railway Company in 1993 in Schaumburg, Ill. He held various positions in Intermodal Marketing, Automotive Marketing, and Industrial Products Marketing prior to assuming the role of assistant vice president, Intermodal / Automotive Operations in the Service Design and Performance group at BNSF. In February 2014, Tom was promoted to vice president, Industrial Products Sales.
- Bachelor of Science in business finance, Indiana University at Bloomington
- Master of Business Administration, University of Chicago
- Advanced Management Program, Harvard University
- Transportation Executive Board member – Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Southwest Region Trustee – Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Board of Directors – Intermodal Association of North America