Breakbulk24 will include Breakbulk Academy sessions taking place concurrently with the traditional Breakbulk conference program. Academy sessions offer introductions to and overviews of a range of key subjects that breakbulk and project cargo professionals typically manage within their day-to-day responsibilities.
The sessions will be led by seasoned professionals who possess a depth of experience and institutional knowledge. Session topics include:
- Choosing optimal forms and modes of transport for breakbulk cargo
- Understanding the Jones Act and chartering for US offshore wind projects
- Managing a heavy-lift shipment from design to delivery, including: planning, design and procurement, working with service providers, managing disruptions, and ocean and land transport. (this will be a two-part session, and interested conference attendees should note their interest at registration.)
- Early career paths in in project logistics and planning a future in the industry
- Industry introductions: subject matter experts from project and breakbulk businesses including carriers, cargo owners, project forwarders, and ports and terminals, will meet with interested newcomers and students
The Breakbulk team will hold a meet-and-greet "ice-breaker" session on the morning of Thursday, April 25. The session is aimed at industry newcomers and industry women who would like to strengthen their networking connections.
Students enrolled in a logistics or shipping-related educational track may attend Breakbulk24 at no charge.